Autoscopy Self-Portrait

For the autoscopy project, we were exploring photoshop further by creating clipping masks, adding effects and adjustments to photos, and so on. For my own self portrait lteration, I used my LinkedIn profile picture to transform it into something I "never knew of myself". I started off with the idea to incorporate my creativity and create a watercolor painting as the background and into the foreground. I used the website Pixabay to find all of my photos. In combination to the watercolor paint-feel, I wanted to make the portrait wordly and give the space around me energy; although I generally do not have a lot of energy,  I believe a person projects a certain energy towards other people. My 'energy' are cool colors and the watercolor moon/circle, also alludes to the immediate energy I can give off: yellow for positivity, purple for passion, and both combined are complementary. I inserted the image of myself in the center, not because I believe I must be the center of attention, but because everyone has their own center of energy.   In order to incorporate more of 'something I never knew of myself', I asked my friends where they thought they could see me in 5 years. Acknowledging my current goals and ambitions, they could imagine me selling flowers as my own business. So, my face is filled with clipping masks of images of flowers to show this possibility of a florist future. As well, the flowers may also stand for growth and the variety of them will stand for the complexity/versatility in and of my life, my thoughts and my mind. This was very experimental and I believe for my next attempt, my work could be much more cohesive and intricate, however I am happy with my first product.

Final Autoscopy Self-Portrait:


Self-Portrait:

Background Images:












Inspiration:



Comments

  1. The watercolor look of your project is very cool! I like that the paper background looks like its diy paper made from recycled paper. You blended your pictures very well to the point that they look like one image. I would suggest placing your tag on your shoulder to make it look like its a tattoo. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite project of yours! It really shows that you knew how to use photoshop and create this unique image. It seems as if you were painting on an actual canvas and cut it out. All of the layers are blended really well! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out literally so good! I love all the different elements that you incorporated into your project. My favorite part is definitely the galaxy, it just blends so well into the back and is really aesthetically pleasing overall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way this came out. It is so pretty and delicate, and the colors are gorgeous. I think the background images worked amazing together, it turned out so dreamy and aesthetically gorgeous overall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of my favorite pieces that I've seen this semester. All of the various elements are blended together flawlessly and it looks like something right out of a dream. All of the colors compliment each other well and add to the overall aesthetic appeal. Fantastic job with this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts